In today’s homes, where space is at a premium, it’s not only about designing your space in a beautiful way, but also about doing it up smartly. It’s all about tricking the eye, and making the room look bigger!
Here are seven smart tricks that you can apply to a relatively small room to make it look bigger:
1. Create an illusion of a larger room by simply using a colour scheme that is light rather than too bright or dark. Pastels, neutrals and white are some of the best colour options that one can consider.
2. On the furniture, rugs and walls, opt for a monochromatic colour scheme.
Select different shades and textures of a single colour. Furniture, such as this Pouf, is exactly what we mean!
3. The illusion of an open space can be created perfectly with the help of proper lighting. Recessed spot lighting is visually pleasing and ideal for a relatively small space. A torchiere light helps to bounce light off of the ceiling and back down on the room. To add some more light to a room, skylights and solar tubes are great, natural ideas.
4. It is very important to limit the amount of furniture and accessories to avoid the cluttered look.
5. A lighter-hued flooring, such as in shades of light oak, or a light-coloured carpet, will instantly make the room appear brighter and more open. Similarly, it’s a great idea to have a lighter colour on the ceiling too.
6. Paintings or interesting wall art pieces can really spruce up the room.
The best thing is that without occupying any floor space, paintings and wall art manage to make a presence in a room.
Krsna Art’s got a range of Wall Art’s to choose from! Buy them here – http://indiacircus.com/krsna-art.html
7. A glass table, whether it is a dining or coffee table, doesn’t only look elegant, but also gives the appearance of an open and free space.
Remember, a few small and smart changes to your room can make a big difference…literally!