Diwali, the Festival of Lights, is almost here! And, it’s time to welcome the beauty and bright colours and flavours that it brings with it!
The sparkle of the lights and the happiness of the colours are simply unexplainable. A little bit of inspiration, an ounce of creativity, and a lot of love can help you transform your home this Diwali!
TIDBITS AND MORE!
Here are some of the must-haves that you need while decorating your home this Diwali:
• Lights and Lanterns
• Decorative Candles
• Puja Thalis
• Rangoli Designs
• Bright and colourful home accessories
IDEAS AND ILLUMINATIONS!
Wondering what you can do with all the above-mentioned accessories and elements? We give you some super-easy and exciting ideas to play with them all!
01. Diwali is synonymous with diyas. According to Hindu mythology, residents of Ayodhyaa (one of the seven holy places for Hindus in India) lighted up thousands of diyas around their homes and at every nook and corner of the kingdom to welcome Lord Rama and Sita, his wife, whom he saved from the hands of Ravana. The act of lighting diyas on the day of Diwali is symbolic of the victory of good over evil. You can give the traditional diyas a Modern-day twist by lighting them like this!
In fact, you can also place the diyas in the puja thali in a very creative way to bring in some more beauty and elegance.
02. Decorative candles, lights and lanterns are the other accessories that can help you bring in the light and love into your homes this Diwali!
03. One can never go wrong with flowers and floral decoration. The striking beauty of our Modern-day diyas can be complemented with the soft colours and touch of flowers.
04. No Diwali is complete without some stunning rangoli! An elaborate artwork of sorts, there is nothing as beautiful and striking as a well-done rangoli. It’s auspicious and just so awesome! In fact, you can even make a rangoli out of flowers to give things a lovely twist! Decorating the flowers in unique shapes and designs can completely lift the look of your home.
05. Whether you are in India, America, or London, you will always attach a feeling of ethnicity to the spirit of Diwali. It’s a feeling that is totally inseparable. Decorating your home with bright and colourful home accessories, such as cushions, rugs, wall art and hangings, etc., which have an Indian design, just adds to the mood of the festival.
So, here’s to bringing in Diwali 2014 with lots of love and lights, fun and festivity, and, above all, style and safety!